Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Starting the Short and Sweet Bolero

So far in my crochet, I've pretty much just stuck to do amigurumi's, cozies, scarfs, and hats.Today I've finally decided to start a project that I've been wanting to do for forever, the Short and Sweet Bolero in the book The Happy Hooker by Debbie Stoller. I've never made anything like it, but I thought I'd give it a try. Here are some Flickr photos so you can see what I'm talking about.


I went over to the super slow site (sorry but it is sloooow) Knitpicks and picked up their Shine Sport Yarn in the color "Harbor". I think in person it will be more blue then this swatch, at least from what I've seen.
Knitpicks Shine Sport in Harbor


I swear, picking out colors is the hardest part! The pattern calls for 100% mercerized cotton yarn, but I've seen some great FO's using this yarn.Besides, it's only $2.95 a skein, so if it doesn't work...it's a great practice one!


I'm still putting the finishing touches on my Ami snowboarder, and I need to make another ami beer bottle since I only wrote down half the pattern; before I put the patterns up for sale.
I've also got some more ideas for patterns (and Christmas presents!), but I need to just sit and focus on ONE project at a time...I swear I have crochet ADD ;)

No comments: