Friday, November 21, 2008

Handmade Christmas Trees

It's still November, but already I'm in a Christmas mood. I even put on some Christmas music the other day while I was cleaning! Don't tell Craig though, he hates it haha.

I've been meaning to make these for *years*, but I just always got caught up in Christmas giftmaking that I never had much time for decorations. Since I have PLENTY of time on my hands these days, I decided to just sit down and do them. They were super fast, maybe a half hour each..tops.I think some other colors might be fun, like a white tree with aqua and magenta accents. They are also pretty cheap to make so I definitely could make more.

I put them up on Etsy, but I have to say that I would not be to sad if they don't sell :)

This white one might look kind of sparse as far as decor goes, but the yarn is just so soft and fuzzy with a hint of sheen...that it really didn't need much added decoration.

Photobucket

The green one is probably my favorite, I might even make another one just because it looks so Christmasy to me :)

Photobucket

See that glittery Noel decoration? I just bought that for $2.50 in the $1 (haha yeah doesn't make sense) section at Target! I love all things glittery. I think that would also be easy to replicate with the wooden letters at Michaels and some glitter.

Photobucket

Craig has off both Saturday and Sunday this weekend, so I'm going to try and talk him into running to the store to buy a fake tree. I was going to get one yesterday at Wal-Mart, but they were kinda heavy and I always hate asking for help. They had a 4 1/2 foot one that I think would be perfect, and small enough to store in our apartment until next year :)

I've also finished 1 small item for my Mini Christmas swap partner, and I think she'll love it. Her tastes seem completely different from mine, but that's good....it gets me to think outside my normal crafty ways :)

I'm not sure if blogger is a good place for me, it ALWAYS cuts off half of my pictures...or it takes me forever to find the right size. They really need to widen the space where you post, even if just a little bit.

1 comment:

Sharkzfan said...

Hey! I didn't know you started blogging! Very cool stuff you have posted.

Oh, by the way....I'm your FIRST follower. That sounds creepy, huh? Muhaha