Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Tea Embroidery and Strawberry Banana Muffins

Here is the tea embroidery that I mentioned on Twitter yesterday. I realize this is not a very good picture, but it took me forever to put in the frame last night....so I wasn't about to take it out and do it again :)

I just drew a mini version of my crochet tea set, and embroidered "Tea is Serenity" under it. I used all six strands of embroidery floss to try and make a nice thick outline, but I didn't realize that it doesn't work like that if you have a small image! Ah well, I know for next time :)



I also made some yummy strawberry banana muffins from The Crepes of Wrath! You have to try them, they are super easy and delicious. I think I slightly undercooked mine, but they still are fine.



I need to go run some errands, but when I get back I'm going to start on a cupcake beanie pattern for toddlers!

Oh! I forgot to post about these Blueberry Peach Sour Cream Muffins from Coconut&Lime. The recipe doesn't call for peaches, but I had some frozen ones that I thought would be good. I really liked these, the sour cream keeps them from being to sweet and the peaches were nice and soft. The batter is SUPER thick though, I thought for sure I did something wrong, but nope! They came out perfect.



I don't know why I make muffins every week, Craig might have one of them....then it's just me having one for breakfast. I need to start bringing stuff to my brother or something.

9 comments:

Amoena said...

It seems that you have a muffin tin. You're muffins are so perky.

But seriously. There's is something utterly cool in muffins. They're so easy to make and they look nice. And you can modify your favorite recipe to the extreme.

We make muffins every Friday. That's how we treat ourselves after the long and hard week. There's nothing better than chocolate muffin, cup of tea and crocheting.

Amoena said...

You're is supposed to be your. Sorry for the typos. You're not a muffin :D

Unknown said...

Yeah my mom gave me one of hers, she says she doesn't need 6! lol. They are just so fun to make and there are so many recipes for them...and you can pretend they are healthier then say...cookies :)

I have to agree with your tea, muffin and crocheting thing...I do the same!

karic said...

Hey, there's nothing wrong with making muffins every week. I do the same and my boys eat 'em up. I just made the Pumpkin Oat Muffins from Moosewood's Low Fat Favorites last night. The best part: a dollop of apricot preserves in the center. Yum.

Unknown said...

Those sound amaaaaazing!

Candice said...

Those are so cute! Can I have some muffins?

Unknown said...

Thanks! Hey I'd love to give you muffins, I have to many! :D

BlueBetty said...

Thanks for loving my fabric! I thought it was perfect for my spring items.

Your muffins look yummy! I love baked goods of any kind.

OurWanderingAdventures said...

ooooo my those muffins looks fabulous!!!!!